BRENDA CAROL VOCAL LESSONS INFORMATION:
Brenda Carol has been educating and coaching vocalists since 1994. She performs in Canada and the U.S. holds jazz/rock master classes for all ages and teaches music privately. Carol is presently rehearsing and writing for a new recording of original songs. This will be Carol's sophmore album and her third recording.
Carol's practical approach to teaching has evolved through 25 years of private vocal study, piano, guitar, flute and percussion lessons. From beginner to professional, Carol continues teaching some of the finest, up-and-coming, emerging vocalists in all styles of singing from across the globe.
Call: 416-467-7959 or Email: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Fees rates are based upon request only. Block lesson times available by request. Private vocal lessons. In studio lessons. Group vocal lessons available upon request. Beginner piano, guitar and theory lessons. No audition required. First come first served.
Do you have a question about singing or music lessons? You can ask questions anytime. Email: [email@example.com]
What I Teach:
- All styles of vocal music: pop, rock, hip hop, alt, hot a/c, classical, country, prog rock, blues, jazz (vocalese), swing, Broadway, gospel, folk and R & B. Audition preparation available.
- Specialization: pop, rock, jazz, prog rock, gospel, hip hop and folk, group vocals, live/recording and performance.
- Ages 4 +: generally some restrictions apply for younger singers. Ages 4 + beginner piano and guitar Lessons.
- Fee schedule and block lesson purchases available upon request. Semestered fee schedule for ages 4 - Post Secondary.
- Emphasis on proper skill development, reading and of course, enjoyment!
- Reading: Learn to read music, improve sight-singing skills, develop ear-training, and theory practice. RCM theory exam preparation available.
- Beginner to professional development - voice instruction (vocal lessons) and vocal (repertoire) coaching available.
- Professional Development: musicianship, style and interpretation, career preparation and development, efficient vocal function and the development of vocal health throughout your singing career.
Brenda Carol CD's are available from the artist directly: Buy from the artist! Also available for download at: itunes! I Amazon I CD baby
BRENDA CAROL CV:
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology York University, Toronto, ON Canada
- 24 years of formal and private study: vocal, guitar, theory, piano and flute.
- Instruments: voice, guitar, clarinet, flute, tenor saxophone, piano, and percussion.
- Producer and professional recording artist - Independent Releases: "brenda carol" 1998 and "Live At HotHouse Cafe" 2000 I Available on itunes.
- Over 19 years of professional singing experience in established and private venues, internationally.
- Over 19 years of experience teaching music within the Board of Education and Early Childhood Education settings.
- 16 years of professional private vocal instruction and teaching experience - all ages, all levels.
- Co-owner and operator of the independent record label, DARWYN RECORDS.
- Member of the Toronto Musicians Association (T.M.A.) and Local 149 of the American Federation of Musicians.
- Listed with All About Jazz.com
- Listed with MusicStaff.com
- Listed in Scott Yanow's, "The Jazz Singers - The Ultimate Guide", 2009.
- Listed in the "World Who's Who In Jazz, Cabaret Music And Entertainment." (Vol 1)
- Performance review and reference in Bill Martin's, "Listening To The Future - The Time of Progressive Rock, 1968-1978".
- myspace site | facebook site | twitter
- Systems: imac, macbook pro, Mac OS X, PC, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator 7.0 and PhotoShop 8.0 CS2, Windows Media Player, Real Audio, Mp3 etc.
Fine Art Skills & Development
- Visual Artist: drawing, indian ink, woodcuts, painting, sculpture.
- printmaker: woodcuts, steel etchings, lithography, and mono-prints
- drawing: pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, pastels, and Indian ink
- painter: acrylic, water colour, oil, and collage
- Computer Programs: Adobe Illustrator CS5.5, Adobe Photoshop CS5.5, Adobe Illustrator 9.0, Adobe Photoshop 8 8.0 CS2, ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000
Web Site Designs and Site Management:
- Victoria Dixon - Makeup Artist/: Victoria Dixon
- Gwynne Giles: Beach Studio Toronto
- Pianist/Instructor: Stephen Gardner.ca
- Darwyn Records: Darwyn Records
- Brenda Carol Renaissance Jazz Fair: Brenda Carol Renaissance Jazz Fair
Web Page Designs for Musicians:
- Musicians: Darren Kerr | Oui
"Brenda Carol is one of the finest jazz vocalists singing today."
- Lee Prosser, Jazz Review
"If you haven't had the opportunity to hear them live, grab a copy of this CD. After listening I predict that you'll be in the audience next time."
- Bill McLean, beach metro Community News
"Carol has a well-rounded set of pipes.... [her] feathery croon wraps the lyrics in a warm caress. Carol's contributions on ["Lucky Seven"] respectfully recall shades of Joni Mitchell."
- Derek Taylor, Cadence Magazine
"This bright new singer is a welcome addition to the Canadian jazz scene and carries on the tradition of such luminaries as Chris Connor and June Christy. The young lady is a pure jazz singer in every sense of the word."
- Richard Bourcier, Jazz Review.com
"[Brenda Carol] refreshingly makes the lyrics of a tune become like seeds flowering into a new life, vision, vitality and dimension. Whether wistful or joyous she relays the many moods of each song directly, powerfully, yet beautifully."
- Joanne Brackeen, jazz pianist/educator
"There is an economy, and a directness, to what Brenda does that is exceedingly rare, moreso every day."
- Bill Martin, associate professor of philosophy, DePaul University, Chicago author of Music of Yes and Listening to the future
“With her beautiful voice, creative explorations, and joyful desire to continue stretching the boundaries of jazz, Brenda Carol promises to be a major force in modern music for many years to come. A very talented jazz singer".
- Scott Yanow, author of The Jazz Singers, The Ultimate Guide
Listed in the "World Who's Who In Jazz, Cabaret Music And Entertainment." (Vol 1)
Performance review and reference in Bill Martin's, "Listening To The Future - The Time of Progressive Rock, 1968-1978".